Last Updated May 29, 2019
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Like most companies, Apex Operating, Inc receives, stores, and analyzes information from customers and site visitors in order to understand how people shop and how to make our site better. Here are the four types of information that we collect and use at Apex Operating, Inc:
- When You Visit: Whenever you visit a Apex Operating, Inc website, mobile site, tablet application or any other Apex Operating, Inc digital property, we automatically recognize your Internet Service Provider (e.g., Comcast, ATT, Verizon), device and its properties, general geographic location, the referring source from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. The customer information that Apex Operating, Inc collects through its website is used to improve your shopping experience for all the ways you shop. (See Automatic Collection of Information (Cookies) Section below.)
- When You Buy: When you make a purchase from Apex Operating, Inc and/or create an account on the website, we collect personal information including your name, billing and shipping address, email address, telephone number and credit card information. Your credit card number is collected for transactional purposes in accordance with industry standards.
- Shopper Preferences: Collected information may also include any other personal information you choose to provide or preference information you choose to provide such as types of products you may be interested in.
- Partners: We may receive information from third parties, and we may combine this information with other information we maintain about you.
How We Use Your Data
Apex Operating, Inc uses information from your visits and purchases in a number of ways, including:
- To process your purchases, confirm your offers, deliver products that you have ordered and respond to your inquiries.
- To enhance your shopping experience by allowing us to make our website easier and more enjoyable to use.
- To customize the content and layout of our pages and provide you with additional information about our products.
- To send you catalogs and other information or materials via your mail, email, or mobile device to inform you of new products, services, special offers, promotions or upcoming events for Apex Operating, Inc.
- To improve our products and services.
Apex Operating, Inc also contracts with third-party service providers to place our advertising messages on other websites and digital properties. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. This provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our digital properties, and your interaction with our products and services such as pages and products you viewed and whether or not a purchase was made. They may also use information about your visits to our and other digital properties to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie and a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology, used by most major websites.
The information gathered by Apex Operating, Inc may be shared in the following ways:
- We may share your information with third parties who perform services for Apex Operating, Inc. These third parties are given information that they need to perform their designated functions, such as tracking and delivering your order. We may share your information with our business partners and third-party companies and other organizations that may interest you. We will not share your email address or any personal financial information. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to contact you for their own marketing purposes.
- At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. You may turn off all cookies or you can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options, you have to adjust your browser settings. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website and you may lose access to some of its features. In addition, if you turn off cookies, web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to our websites, but the information they generate cannot be associated with another non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- Should Apex Operating, Inc merge with, acquire or be acquired by another business entity, some or all of your information could be transferred to the other entity.
- We may disclose your personal information when Apex Operating, Inc believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety or Apex Operating, Inc, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We do not sell or rent our customers’ email addresses.
- We will not exchange our customers’ email addresses with other marketing partners.
- We may share your email address with third parties who perform services for Apex Operating, Inc, These third parties are given information that they need to perform their designated functions, such as email delivery, tracking and delivering your order.
- We may at times send you an Apex Operating, Inc sponsored offer on behalf of another partner or retailer.
- We do not sell or rent our customers’ telephone numbers
- We will not exchange our customers’ telephone numbers with other marketing partners.
- We may share your telephone number with third parties who perform services for Apex Operating, Inc. These third parties are given information that they need to perform their designated functions, such as delivery of your order.
You always have the choice to opt-out of receiving certain information or to request that certain information not be shared with third parties.
- If you do not wish to receive email promotional materials from Apex Operating, Inc and/or email offers brought to you by Apex Operating, Inc on behalf of other retailers please unsubscribe through the email offer or contact our Customer Care Center.
- If you do not wish to receive direct mail promotional materials from Apex Operating, Inc please contact our Customer Care Center.
- If you do not wish to receive direct mail promotional materials from third party companies and other organizations please contact our Customer Care Center. The Direct Marketing Association has also developed an online tool where you can manage your direct mail preferences. Please see www.DMAchoice.org for details.
- We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
Contact our Customer Care Center by calling 1-800-846-3000 Mon-Fri from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CST, or contact us via email at Customercare@Brookstone.com or by mail at Apex Operating, Inc, 1655 Bassford Drive, Mexico, MO 65265, Attention: Customer Care Center. When writing us to be removed from a list, please include your first and last name and full mailing address.
Please note, if you ask us to remove your name, address and/or email address from our email or postal mailing lists, we will maintain that information in a “do not mail” file to ensure that we can honor your request.
Your opt-out request will be processed within 1-3 days of the date it was received for email or text offers and 8-10 weeks for direct mail offers.
How We Protect Your Information
Apex Operating, Inc has taken measures to ensure that shopping at Brookstone.com is a safe and enjoyable experience for our valued customers. We use a minimum 128-bit Secure Sockets Layering (SSLv3) with industry standard strong encryption to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. Apex Operating, Inc uses SSL technology which is the industry standard for secure online transactions. It is our policy that credit card information is stored in an encrypted format, which makes it legible only to systems that have access to the associated decryption key.
All information that Apex Operating, Inc collects will be stored in Apex Operating, Inc databases (including local storage), affiliated company databases, or databases managed by third party service providers, which are located within and outside of the United States. Such data will be automatically transferred to these databases, which may be located in countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside. If you visit our website from a country in the European Union, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States.
International Customer Policy
Apex Operating, Inc does not accept international shipping orders.
Privacy of Children
This site is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. To ensure compliance with federal law, Apex Operating, Inc does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by, nor does it actively market any of its products to, children under the age of 13.
Automatic Collection of Information (Cookies):
A cookie is a small piece of information that websites use to remember information about users. Apex Operating, Inc uses two types of cookies to recognize our browsers and customers and remember shopping list items. Apex Operating, Inc uses transient cookies to provide continuity from page to page. Within a single visit, these cookies store information such as your shopping list to simplify checkout. They do not contain any personally identifying information.
Apex Operating, Inc also uses persistent cookies to identify customers after their first visit. These cookies remain on the hard drive of a device and allow a user to enter our site without having to log in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as those including your account information you must still enter your password.
You may turn off all cookies or you can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options, you have to adjust your browser settings. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website and you may lose access to some of its features.
Updates to Online Information
You may update, review or correct your online account information at any time by accessing your password-protected member page via the “My Account” section of the website.
Links to other Websites
Updates to this Privacy and Security Policy
Apex Operating, Inc reserves the right to modify or amend this Privacy and Security Policy at any time. All such modifications and amendments to this Privacy and Security Policy shall be posted here in the Customer Service section of www.brookstone.com.
Apex Operating, Inc will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of this Policy the date it was last updated. Each time you use this site, the current version of the Privacy and Security Policy applies. Accordingly, you should check the date at the top of this Policy and review for any changes since the last version.
Copyright © Apex Operating, Inc, All Rights Reserved.
22 Cotton Road, Suite 220, Nashua, NH 03063